Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shabby Chic Market Day

One of my favourite haunts in Christchurch for finding vintage fabrics and haberdashery was the lovely shop Forget-me-not. I first discovered it in High St, then visited regularly when it moved to Ferry Road.

Did you know that Helen from Forget-me-not now has a new treasure trove shop in Rochester Villa in Connal St?

This Saturday, 31st October, from 11am - 4pm, Rochester Villa will also be hosting a Shabby Chic Market Day. Stalls of beautiful vintage items, linens, clothes, collectables, retro items, kitsch and kitchen, antiques, furniture, restored, revamped and recycled items and beautiful things. Books, toys, bric a brac, Devonshire teas, cup cakes and coffee. Outside and inside the Rochester Villa on Connal St Woolston. Look for the signs off Ferry Rd. Rain or shine. Sounds like a perfect day out for ladies!

Fingers crossed it will be shine as, if after that you haven't had your fill of rummaging and fossicking, come and visit me on the White Elephant stall at the St Albans School Monster Fair, Sheppard Place, St Albans from 4-7pm. I can't promise that the goods I'll be selling will be as lovely as those at the Shabby Chic Market Day, but I can promise bargains, fun for all the family (smash-a-car, haunted house, fairy house plus more other exciting things than you can poke a stick at) and yes, even some fabric for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment