Saturday, February 27, 2010

If my life was a quilt...

Many women at my stage of life have ridiculously busy lives.  I'm one of them.  Luckily I can see the future, and by July (if I'm lucky) or August (if I'm realistic), my life will be completely changed; it will be fresh, exciting, streamlined and new.

So if my life was a quilt what would it look like?

For the past few months it has been like an antique folk art crazy quilt: huge and extremely busy but with no overall pattern to make sense of it all, full of stories and drama, every piece unique and worthwhile, crumbling around the edges and unravelling but still amazing and rich.

Whenever life gets like this I feel the need to unpick and discard a few patches or rows, but sadly I'm not world champion at saying "NO" or discarding things. Maybe a better plan is to throw the whole lot away and start again.

In my dreams, my new life in my new city will be serene, under control and gorgeous like of Clare Plug's artworks currently on display at Te Manawa in Palmerston North.

But between now and then I have a heck of a lot to do.  My life as a quilt for the next few months just has to be like Katherine May's contemporary crazy quilts made from discarded Action Man and Barbie doll clothing! A mix of the two would be perfect for a girly woman-of-action like me!

Photos above via The Curious Eye (I love your curious eyes misters).

No comments:

Post a Comment